Friday, July 17, 2009

Taking things in stride...

It is the weekend again. Another week has just concluded. The days flew by... fortunately, this has been a great week. Not everything turned out the way I wanted it to be, but I take it in my stride because i know that there are more things that turned out well.

The first JGH Staff newsletter came out early this week. All JGH staff currently nested in various institutions received a personal copy by post. I proudly presented copies too to several other people who matter.

Our very own email domain jgh.com.sg was rolled out this week and naturally I got my new permanent email hee_jug_foo@jgh.com.sg. With this settled, my namecard went to the printers today and from next week, I will be able to hand out my JGH name cards.

We conducted the JGH consultant tender interviews today. Had a very fruitful session clarifying the proposals and we look set to award to the winning architect soon. The design of the hospital will receive very prominent mention too, so watch out for it.

Completed a ton of reading this week, more than I had expected and feeling great that my desk is clear and my bags are lightened.

Interviewed 3 important hires this week, found out that 1 candidate for a strategic position has accepted my offer. Hiring went well as expected this week!

The study trip overseas to learn about hospital designs and care models is on track and we look set to have a great trip with my management team.

... I see the sun rising about JGH and feeling proud of the founding team that I have assembled for the hospital. What a way to start the weekend!

No comments: