Saturday, July 18, 2009

Take care of our children...

I have a clear weakness. I can't stand the sight nor knowledge of any abuse/ hurt to children.

A moment ago, I found out about the new Boston Children Hospital blogsite (THRIVE) and read an article "The Shaken Children Syndrome". It is a real story of a father who was left to look after an infant while the wife was out, shook the kid so hard to stop her from crying that left with the syndrome - throwing up milk, shaking from one side of her body, seizure, etc. I don't think the father intended for the outcome (or at least I hope he didn't) but the impact to the child...sigh...I cringe to even to think about it.

Over the years, I have come across other situations that occasionally still give me the flashback.

I remember once I was at Hougang Mall foodcourt. A man returned with a bowl of noodles with clear soup. As he prepared to land the food on the table, the bowl slipped off the tray and the bowl of noodle with soup was splattered on his 2 year old boy who was seated there. Fortunately, there was a GP clinic nearby on the same floor... the boy was rushed there...I hope he is fine.

Another occasion was at the East Coast. A couple was jogging with a baby in the pram. As they were jogging the baby was sliding out... this time, I was glad they realised it soon enough. The baby only landed up with some abrasion on his knee, but the outcome could have been way way worst!!

You can imagine, I have been extremely careful since when I am at the foodcourt with my kids. And, I will never ever bring my kids in a pram while jogging! You can imagine, I do not enjoy going to hougang mall foodcourt.

Accidents do happen, but when it out of our own negligence, it will be regretable. So, lets take care of our children...

No comments: