Friday, June 6, 2008

Thank you...

Thank God, it is Friday! I round off the day thankful that i could spend some quality time with my family enjoying the Indiana Jones at a company movie family day. i have many things to be thankful for this week. i saw first hand how a group of dedicated staff was able to put together and implement measures that would have otherwise taken months or even years of endless discussions which may not translate into anything. i am thankful for how focused, dedicated leadership can inspire change. this week has been tiring but so fulfilling!

I have always been taught the magic of saying Thank you. When appreciated, people can do much more. I decided to thank a bunch of folks from various areas for the fantastic work that they have done. my gestures were met with smiles and words of appreciation. i smiled in my heart everytime i find that i could touch someone with the things that i do - i really expect little in return. however, i know not everyone was happy with my "thank you" because they read between the lines... there was really nothing between the lines but it did not matter. i realised something... sometimes it is not what you say that is important, but what is unsaid. i could not understand, but somethings are better not understood.

after Indiana Jones, i saw a flicker on my blackberry... i have an email. I opened the email and realised that my organisation has won a string of awards and it is all possible because of our people. i am again back in my thankful mood. there are many people whom i need to thank for constantly giving me the energy to keep on keeping on. Thank you!

No comments: