Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I need the new 3G iPhone... but i don't know why

Last night, I received an advertorial email that I did not mind receiving. It carried the title "New 3G iPhone". My heart raced as I waited for the email to open up, can't wait to see what Apple has up her sleeve again. The email carried a picture of the new 3G iPhone is full splendour and beauty. Holding back my drool, I clicked on the video clip showing Steve Job introducing the new iPhone. The volume was tuned up and i thoroughly enjoyed every feature that was introduced. The best part of the news is that the new 3G iPhone will be made available in Singapore this year at US$299 for the 16G model (US$199 for the 8G model).

After all the excitement died down today, I asked myself... "why am i so excited about the new 3G iPhone?" Afterall, I owned the 16G iPhone only in April this year and sold it within 3 weeks! The phone was gorgeous and i liked the functionalities alot. The problem was the ear volume (too soft), the lack of vigour of the vibration mode and soft ring tone (can't hear the phone ring and keep getting missed calls). The camera function was simply the best along with the browser!

i still crave for the new 3G iPhone because of the way Apple introduces it. They make it sound like all the problems that i experienced had been taken care of... and I am a sucker for sleek product.

The new iPhone could well only be a marginal improvement over the current one but i still want it. The other tipping point could well be the enterprise capability - read email and attachments with extraordinary clarity, something that all mobile devices including blackberries are still miles behind.

The global launch is on 11 July 2008, I wonder if there is a way to get a hold of it sooner? or is it silly to do so, just wait... a the wait can well be worth it!

No comments: