Sunday, June 22, 2008

Reflections on the past 1 week...

Tomorrow, i return to work and tonight signals the end of my 1 week break during this June school holidays. Overall, i must say that it has been one of the best break that I've had for a long time...

Remember my last post about "addiction to blackberry". Well, Monday and tuesday was not too good for me. I was following the unfolding of a tight bed situation at the hospital and was on the "crackberry" incessantly. Not to mention, my wife and my kids were disapointed at various points of the day when my indulgence was excessive! My self control for the rest of the week was much better. In fact, it was so good today that my wife was annoyed with me because I did not realise that she had sent me an sms. I had the good fortune to use her reason on her "you told me not to check my blackberry, what?" My conclusion is, much better to seperate my mobile phone function from the blackberry... at least, I will only get the sms and calls but not the unstoppable emails! With mobile phone portability, I am thinking of getting a seperate mobile phone to help me seperate work from private life... possible??

Last Sunday was good. Pastor Prince preached on the relevance of the anointing oil. For Christians, the oil is just as important as the bread and the wine - symbols of Jesus' body and blood. Excitement mounted as all church members were told to bring a bottle of olive oil to be prayed over next sunday (today!).

Monday was spent with my daughters...

Tuesday was spent at the zoo with the whole family. My youngest Zachary was with us as well. Had a great family time!

Wednesday was supposed to be my dedicated time with my wife. We spent some 1.5 hours together at Vivocity and we mutually decided that we should head home and bring the 3 kids with us as well. Decided to watch "Kung Fu panda" at NTUC Downtown east - turns out to be the best decision as it was funny... see last blog entry.

Thursday was spent at the Defu junkyard - my personal time. Bought many beautiful spareparts for my 19 year old W124 E200 benz. Decided to keep my car for another 10 years by putting a new COE at the right time.

Friday was spent sending my benz to Ah Kiat at Yew Tee Industrial workshop for a fresh coat of paint and makeover. Will be collecting my brand new old car in about 2 weeks time! Ferried my kids to tuition at Bishan and caught up with the gym in between (I have not forgotten about my resolution to keep fit).

Saturday was quite a lazy day. Had my customary breakfast with my wife at serangoon gardens coffeeshop in the morning and did nothing... until 3pm where I sent my daughter for her maths tuition. Evening was spent at Serangoon garen Jumbo seafood restaurant to attend a 60 year old birthday celebration for my uncle.

Today, is anointing oil Sunday. Went to church with 2 bottles of oil to be prayed over... reached home at about 3.30pm, took a nap till 6pm and then drove out to Lavender foodcourt to have dinner. About 1 hour ago, prayed over my wife and children and anointed them with the oil that was prayed over today. Have a good feeling that God's favour, grace and abundance will fill me and each member of my household all through the week ahead!

I am full of expectancy for work tomorrow! Glad to be back!

No comments: