Sunday, March 29, 2009

Will the finger save mankind?

I was driving back home after breakfast this morning, when I turned in to the sleepy quiet road leading to my house. "Sleepy and quiet" because there usually isn't alot of fast traffic, until...

As I made that turn, I had to straddle between 2 lanes because there were cars parked along the left hand side as this was a residential estate. Little did I realised that there was an on coming taxi. I quickly pulled my car left and stepped on the brakes to avoid a collision. Before I could wave that I was sorry, I noticed that the taxi driver did not even try to slow down (even though I was at fault) and instead directed all his energy and attention to show me the "perfect finger". I am convinced that he was not interested in avoiding an accident, showing his middle finger to me was more important. It is as if the finger was a magic wand, "waving it" will magically prevent any collision.

If this were true, I wonder it will heal the world and save mankind? Maybe, just maybe, it may even help the world turn the corner during this global financial crisis!

No comments: