Sunday, March 22, 2009

Craving for Chinese Food...

I have been in the US for the last week, without a tinge of chinese food in my belly. My only comfort came from the Myojo Maggie chicken curry noodles that my wife lovingly prepared for me before my trip. In fact, this "scarce" commodity became a source of envy amongst my colleagues, especially when prepared piping hot with my portable cooker!

The steak, salmon, ribs, chicken, fish cooked in the loviest western, italian style topped with generous portions of salad and other toppings just don't cut it. I figured with the salad that I have consumed, I must have eaten a whole year worth of vegetables in my diet. Fortunately, the company of colleagues and conversations were fantastic and made the time "bearable."

Today is the end of our learning trip, and the beginning of my attendance at the American Colleage of Healthcare Executive Congress at Chicago. At $88/ per night stay at the Central Loop hotel in downtown Chicago, my room is basic and the airconditioning produces a humming noise. I certainly hope that the sound will go away but what I desire even more is what I will be having for dinner - hot chinese food - I hope :-)

I look forward to coming home. I miss my family and the familiar creature comfort that I am beginning to look forward to. Wish me luck in my search for chinese food...

No comments: