Sunday, December 21, 2008

Untimed break from Blogging...

For more than a week now, I have been taking a break from blogging.

It is the time of the year that things are "forced" to slow down because colleagues are clearing leave, patients are putting their non-urgent sickness "on hold" and we all enter a time of reflections for the coming year.

I have been catching up with readings, clearing things that were repeated overtaken by urgent and more important matters, putting things in their correct places (will try though), and taking deliberate time to think and organise key milestones for 2009.

One thing that has come up as top priority is my own health. For 3 months now, I managed to stick to my fitness regime of running at least 3km 3 times a week followed by weights training. I am definitely physically fitter now and i have started to enjoy my runs. Last week, during one of my runs, I decided to try something new that I read - smile when i run, and found that the smile helped with conditioning my psyche and I ran my fastest 3km ever...still raring to go on at the end of the run!

I enjoy receiving Christmas and Season greeting cards very much, especially those who takes the time to pen a few words. There is a special feeling about being remembered, being able to keep in touch. This is the reason why I have continued with card sending as a year end routine even though I am told that this practice enlarges my carbon footprint. E-cards just don't mean the same. There is a nagging feeling that those cards could have been keyed in by somebody's secretary! So i will keep sending the cards and find other ways to compensate my carbon footprint...

Today, I attended a funeral. My brother-in-law's mom who is 82 years passed away, having suffered parkinson disease for the last 22 years. Her entire family came back to Singapore, including my brother-in-law who lives in Holland. Although it was a sad occasion, I am told that this is the first time that the whole family unite after so many years. Hence, it was a time of bonding, of healing and of restoration of ties that have gone sour. Now, I visualise her looking down from heaven and pleased that her family is together. I missed my church christmas celebration so that i could attend the funeral with my mom and dad and feel that this is time well spent!

It will be Christmas next week! My favourite time of the year! In fact, I think I enjoy the journey leading up to Christmas than the day itself. Of course, Christmas is of significance to me and my family. It is the day that Jesus, our saviour was born to die for all my sin (past, present and future), so that I may live a life more abundantly. That I may have Hope to know that I am Greatly blessed, High Favoured and Deeply Loved.

I have many things to be thankful for, and among them are many of you who read this blog. I pray that you will have a joyous christmas with family and friends, and may your 2009 will be filled with love, peace and joy that surpasses all understanding!

http://www.icansmell.blogspot.com/

No comments: