Friday, December 26, 2008

Robinson Christmas Sale - No sign of Recession

Robinson has outdone itself sale after sale. Her Christmas sale held on the 25th and 26th December 2008 where there is storewide 20% discount, with card holder getting another 10% attracted huge crowds. No wonder, Robinson calls it the Traffic Stopping Sale!

I was there on both days with my wife and particularly enjoyed watching people doing their shopping. Based on the amount that I see people buying, I can't tell that we are in recession. Maybe Singaporeans are heeding SM Goh Chok Tong's call to "shop our way out of recession"? Or, perhaps, people are capitalising on the better prices to buy their 'stock' for 2009 and aim to spend less for the rest of next year.

I must say that I got some very good deals - paid less than half for similar items that I was looking out at Robinson during non-sale seasons. Being someone who do not particularly enjoy shopping, I am very happy with the savings I've got.

No comments: