Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflecting 2008

It is the eve of the eve of the new year. I can't help but feel a sense of nostalgia for 2008.

As it is customary for me, I cleared all work from my desk for the new year. There was a pile on the left side of my table that i consider my "procrastination pile" - things that i convinced myself that i will soon find the time to do but... by the time i got to them today, guess what - they have all (but one) been overtaken by events and don't need further action. That one, I will start to do tomorrow because i have been saving it as a personal milestone :-)

Lots happened, some bad, lots more good.

At work:

I missed working with a great boss who left, but gained working with another great boss.

I lost a few good staff but gained a bunch who stayed and who became even better.

I was worried about how rising oil and commodity prices was going to affect the savings that we could achieve for our patients, but now we recapture planned savings and more.

At home:

I have a great wife who has become "better-est" (in the words of Minister Lim Swee Say's Better, Better-er, Better-est), she is not only an excellent helper but a source of encouragement as well.

My eldest daughter learnt to cycle yesterday.

Melody my No. 2 kid, moved on to the next grade in ballet and can now read well using phonics.

My son is chatty and is very cute!

Personally:

My nose is now as clear as KPE after a surgery (it used to be as congested as CTE).

I have been consistent with my exercise and covering greater distances with better ease. Fitness has improved.

My relationship with my family and with God has improved significantly.

I had my first real holiday in a few years with my family to Japan in November. I have so much to be thankful for in 2008.

What do I want for 2009? Let's start with divine protection and favour upon my family and friends...

No comments: