Saturday, October 4, 2008

In a way, I respect this man for the way he fought for his rights...



Mr fernandez spent $12,000 of his own money to stand up for his own innocence.


When I read about his story in the Straits Times today, I was first baffled but as his story unfolded, I ended up respecting this man.


To go through 12 court appearances, $12,000 out-of-pocket, and now taking his case to the high court and won his appeal leading to a discharge amounting to acquittal for what would otherwise been a penalty of $130 fine and 6 demerit points takes commitment and guts. From the news, what kept him going was the fact that he was not prepared to sacrifice his innocence for convenience. This I respect!


How many of us have this fighting spirit? How many of us are prepared to live our lifes with sufficient intensity and stand up for what we consider to be right?


Mr fernandez, I salute you!

No comments: