Sunday, November 30, 2008

In memory of Ho Hwei Yen...

I do not know you, but yet your untimely death has struck an emotional cord with me and my family. The danger of terrorism has been personalised and the message brought home.

The heart of a terrorist can never be fanthomed because what can bring someone to the point where the heart and mind is fully separated. That killing the innocent can become a virtue, and taking away another's life not longer mean anything?

But, when innocent lives like that of Ho Hwei Yen is taken, it helps to unite the minds and hearts of Singaporean that we need to stay vigilant and be part of the fight against terrorism. Hwei Yen, you now represent the face of our resolve.

My condolence to your husband and your family. I feel the pain of your husband Michael when he wrote "My beautiful angel Yen, without you my life has no meaning and no purpose. You were everything to me and the time i spent with you was the happiest of my life. Your family misses you more than words can express. We love you so much and pray that God has you in His loving Arms."

The hearts of Singaporeans are with you... God Bless

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, just want to point out a typo. Her surname is "Lo" not "Ho". Thanks.