Sunday, November 2, 2008

Am I a Big Camera kind of Guy?

Deep within me, I sense there is a passionate photographer amidst a busy healthcare executive.

Great photography turns me on. Today, after church service, and I was walking with my family to the carpark at the millenia when we came across an exhibit of underwater photography. The vivid colours of the sea creatures and of the sea entralled me. I marvelled at all the details that were captured under the skillful hands of the photographers and wished i could do the same. There is a sense of aesthetics and an immense interest to be able to capture life as it happens and hold it for eternity for me.

So far, I am a small camera kind of guy. I tot a Sony Cybershot T30 - nice camera, handy and occasionally i get some nice shots. I wonder whether I should go for a digital SLR - the Big camera, but I am not sure if I am the Big Camera kind of guy. What does it take to sustain a hobby in photography? Comments and suggestions welcomed...

No comments: