Thursday, November 13, 2008

I will never be able to look at the White tiger at the Singapore Zoo the same way again...

On 29 October 2008, I visited the zoo and posted a video of one of the 3 white tigers pacing up and down a set of rocks. I reflected about them being a source of power or a heap of bones and meat...

Today, a malaysian contract worker, apparently in a suicide bid jumped into the White Tiger exhibit and was devoured by the 3 tigers. He died apparent from bites sustained on his neck and I dare not imagine the condition of his body after the attack. The pool must be filled with blood and the white fur of the white tigers stained with red deep especially around the mouth. I certainly hope that there were no children there during the incident because it can leave a deep emotional scar.

Indeed, the tigers are a source of power but as of now their beauty has been tainted by the image of murderers. I am now less sympathetic when they are reduced to heaps of bones and meat!

No comments: