Sunday, November 16, 2008

Documenting Japan Brand of Service...

For the next 8 days, I will be at the "Happiest Place on Earth" - so goes the tagline by Disneyland, and visiting various places of interest in Tokyo for my family vacation.

Japan is a place known for many good things. It is the land of Toyota, their cars invading all corners of the glode for economy and quality. Coming out from Toyota came is LEAN manufacturing or the Toyota Production System (TPS) that is now finding its way into healthcare - transforming healthcare process and improving care delivery. Japan is also the land where everything hyper organised and gifts are wrapped so nicely that one would wonder whether to forgo the content at risk of spoiling the gift wrap. When one thinks of politeness and courtesy, the bowing Japanese certainly comes first to mind. These coupled with the reputed service from Disneyland delivers a quite prompting in my heart that I should carefully observe as I travel through the land and see what I can learn about the Japan brand of service.

I hope to document my learning (and my enjoyment too) daily...

For now, the blackberry is switched off, and my vacation psyche switched on.

No comments: