Friday, January 18, 2008

Day 4 - What's happening, my nose is blocked again!?

I woke up on Day 4 and realised that my mouth was dry and I was struggling to breathe. Soon I realised that my nose was completely crusted up on both sides - if I try hard enough only a tiny stream of air managed its way through the nostril. What's happening!? The surgery did not work? Oh no!!

I sms Dr Tan, I told him what was happening and asked him what should I do. His reply came..."You have a post op nose. Come in to my clinic and I will clean you up. You will feel much better after that".

By 9am, I was at the clinic... Dr Tan waved to me when he saw me along the corridor. He sat me on the ENT chair, used a scope and looked into my nose and smiled. He started the Nose toilet procedures. Chunks after chuncks of crusts were taken out and instantaneously I felt much better. I could breathe freely again! He said "I may have to do this a few more times over the next 2 weeks and you will feel better". I thanked him and left.

What a close call? What I experienced was normal post surgery... It can be frightening but it is alright...

No comments: