Sunday, September 21, 2008

Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - But What a Beautiful one of a kind (in my opinion) E200 W124 Mercedes

The Twentieth Day of the Month of September, year two thousand and eight I completed the final touches to my old charm - my 19-year old Mercedes E200 W124. After 2 months of waiting for a set of recycled rims I decided that a set of new sports rim will do just fine - so I bought one. Let me show you the final product:

The W124 with a fresh coat of paint, glimmering under the sun!

The view from the front... breathtaking :-) The grill is original

The rear view is as nice as the front... notice the solid AMG exhaust, the new rear lights and of course the beautiful and most auspicious licence plate number!

A rare pair of new crystal headlamps to match the new coat of paint on the body... I have not seen this on another Mercedes W124 yet!

A new Masterpiece insignia bought at a steal at another scrapyard at woodlands...


Chrome door handle cover from eBay! If you strain your eyes, you can also spot the chrome rings around the signal blinker on the front sides of the car (also from ebay)

The 16" Sports Rim that sealed the package! Simple elegance and sparkle that goes with the shine of the car!

A Chrome side mirror cover with LED signal light that I bought through eBay

A rare wood steering wheel in fabulous condition added from the inard of another W124... Notice also the 3 chrome rings on the speedometer gauge - secured from eBay
Reused W124 masterpiece door kick plate

Look at the Chrome around the Gearbox... another item reused

A matching middle console box salvaged from another W124...

What remains is a new birth certificate. In Singapore, we call it a Certificate of Entitlement (COE) and the PQP looks set to cost me $14,000 for a 10-year life. This works out to a depreciation of only $1,400 per year - what a deal!

Any other W124 mercedes enthusiast out there? Add a comment and we can trade notes on the car.






No comments: