Friday, September 26, 2008

Mercedes W124 E-Series Collectors - Feast your Eyes on These Beauties




I am an avid W124 fan and own a 1989 E200 W124. Recently, my 19-year old underwent an "extreme makeover" in the car world and the result was amazing - see pictures of my vintage beauty.


Everytime I am on the road, another W124 would attract my attention. Every once in a while, I would come across another beauty, but given the makeover I did to my car, I frankly have not come across many that come close. The test of the pudding is in the details, the trimming and how well kept the vintage parts of the car would bring out the full flavour of the most enduring car in Mercedes history... the E-class W124. According to the latest issue of the Mercedes Classic Magazine, the W124 is already the most kept car in the UK due to its durable look, ease of maintenance and availability of parts.


I chanced upon an article in WORLDCARFANS.COM tonight that I am sharing with other avid W124 fans. Even the article is largely about the W124 E 500, the article has many beautiful shots of other W124 that is nice to behold. The article also talks about when and how mercedes made the transition from the 500E series to E500 series. Many of us who take an interest in the car would already know that the main difference being the front and back bumber, the location of the Mercedes insignia on the metal engine grill and the side fenders, etc. In any case, enjoy the sight...


No comments: