Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Father's pride

My eldest daughter Brittney was awarded the Royal Academy of Dance's Classical Dance Grade 3 with MERIT. My wife showed me her certificate when she stepped home earlier and I must say that i was filled with pride.

This is a far cry from the time she started her ballet class. During her first class, she refused to dance and in the long moment of silence with the whole class waiting for her, I had to stand up and performed the first move of tip-toeing and turn around a circle. The whole class clapped for me when I finished, but I thought to myself, wouldn;t it be nice had it been my daughter who was dancing. She did eventually joined the class and now 5 years later, she has developed the grace of a ballerina and enjoying ballet.

You can appreciate why this father of Brittney can't stop beaming! It is the Father's Pride and I savour their every achievements.

No comments: