Tuesday, August 18, 2009

The Summo piggy



When I was with SGH, I bought a summo piggy bank as part of fun raising for needy patients.

Just 2 Sundays ago, it was filled to its brim with loose change that I've deposited into the summo daily. So, I brought it to the DBS Bank at Serangoon Gardens where there is a coin counting machine to deposit the amount into my children's account. If you have not tried it before, it is actually quite a thrilling experience - digging the coins out from the little summo and hearing the machine counting - almost like a jackpot machine experience, except possibly in reverse.

The picture shows me waiting for my wife with the little summo by my side before we commenced the exercise of depositing the coins with the bank. The Cisco guard who was pacing up and down at the front of the bank could not hold his grin.

Loose change can count for quite a bit, as you can see...

1 comment:

Vyvy said...

a colleauge taught me to put aside every $5 note that creeps into my wallet. Reason being the 5s are not as common as the 2s and 10s, thus it will not be as painful. Try it, in no time your kids will have fatter bank accounts, but of course you won't get the satisfaction of hearing the "clinking" noise that coins make.