Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bitter and Sweet

Life's perfection sometimes lie in its imperfection.

I just watch a video on facebook called "Beautifully Imperfect". The setting is one at the funeral where the wife steps up to say her eulogy for her deceased husband. She described noises that would ordinarily disgust most people - her husband's snore which she described it as a car engine that refused to start in the morning, and his "rear wind" that would be so loud in bed that it would sometimes jolt himself awake. However, these are noises that remind her of his presence and she has come to miss with his passing. These imperfections are perfect for her and she would give anything to hear these sounds again when she goes to bed.

The bitter and sweatness of life needs to be treasured. In a different kind of way, I am beginning to experience these same types of feelings over the last few days - not in my personal relationships - but with the people around me in a special place. A place where I have easily grown to love and in my imperfect ways helped made it more beautiful. The sound and scent I have grown familiar and the people super special. But I know that I know that know, I will treasure the time I've had.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

What a beautiful reminder that we should value our loved ones when they are alive and see through their imperfections.