Monday, January 12, 2009

What will APPLE be like without Steve Jobs?

I have to admit I have often been seduced by the beauty of APPLE products.

I gave in many times. Now, I have a lime green iPod Shuffle, a black 30G iPod, a white first gen Nano. Over the course of the last 2 years, I was owner to the first gen iPhone and then the new iPhone 3G.

Their products, right down to the packaging and design is planned to the last detail.

I have noticed that since Steve Jobs returned to APPLE that Apple products have taken on a new shin (spelling?) - or is this just perception? Listening to him at MacWorld doing his magic and his passion describing new products and software makes his products much more appealing.

Recently, Steve Jobs issued an open letter about his health. He will no longer do his stuff at Macworld and his marketing wonk has taken over the product presentations. I watched the Quicktime video and then i flipped the pages and viewed the APPLE products. I get the sense that they are not as sexy anymore. They no longer exude the attractiveness that Steve Jobs has managed to imbue to his own.

To say the least, I no longer lust after APPLE products. This may not be a bad thing, I can save some money (I used to be willing to pay a premium for APPLE products).

Steve Jobs - please get better and put that shine back in my confidence of APPLE products!

No comments: